Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Inspiring Inkin' Sale-a-bration Blog Hop!



It's Sale-a-bration time everyone!

Welcome to the Inspiring Inkin' Sale-a-bration blog hop.  Us "Inkies" have been busy creating some exciting projects using exclusive stamp sets that YOU can earn during Sale-a-bration.  For every £45 you spend during January and February you will qualify to receive a FREE, yes FREE stamp set from the Sale-a-bration flyer.  Please contact me for details about placing an order or if you would like to host a Home Workshop or book into any of my classes. 

Each blog on this "hop" will have the birdcage logo at the end of each post and you will see a link to the next blog on the hop, eventually you will come full circle back to your starting point, I hope you have a wonderful time on your journey!  Please leave comments as you visit, we would love to know what you think of our projects.

For those who have joined us from Amanda's blog, WELCOME!

******

Here is my first card using the Sale-a-bration "Wymsical Words" stamp set:

"Follow Your Heart" Side Step Card





Side-Step cards are a quick way of making a card with that "WOW" factor, I just love the 3D effect.

I have used the "Follow Your Heart" stamp from the Sale-a-bration set "Wymsical Words" and I just love the swirly font in the text on this set.  I stamped my greeting onto Certainly Celery and punched out using the 1 1/4" Circle Punch then layered onto a 1 3/8" circle in Rose Red, then onto a Chocolate Chip Scallop Circle which was punched out.  The Old Olive flower at the back of my greeting was from the Die Cut Blooms which can be found on page 83 of the SU Catalogue.

The main image is from the "Simply Said" stamp set, stamped in chocolate chip ink and coloured using the Rose Red Stampin' Write Marker, for the stems I used the Certainly Celery Marker.  I lightly inked the edge using a dauber with Chocolate Chip ink and layered this onto a piece of Chocolate Chip Cardstock.

The lower step on my card is covered with a piece of Rose Red cardstock edged using the Eyelet Border Punch and a strip of Rose Red Designer Series Paper to break it up.  My Flower is created using the 5-Petal Flower Punch, layered with Old Olive then one in Certainly Celery and a flower from "Simply Said" stamped and hand cut.  The centre of the flower has a brad sitting on a 1/4" circle punched from Chocolate Chip.

The middle step has three hearts stamped in Rose Red ink and using the Stamp-a-ma-jig with the 2-step stampin' technique I have stamped the floral heart in chocolate chip over the Rose Red image.  I hand cut these out and used my snail to place them accordingly.

The top step contains my greeting from "Wymsical Words" and a border in Rose Red Cardstock using the Eyelet Border Punch.

******

Here is my second card:

You're Too Kind



Again, using the "Wymsical Words" stamps I created this tent fold card in my favourite colour combination of the moment!  My base is Chocolate Chip with a block of Certainly Celery placed nearer the top of the card.  On this I layered a strip of Rose Red and matted with a piece of Regal Rose to which I attached a piece of 5/8" Certainly Celery across the middle and adhere with Sticky Strip on the reverse.

My three images are from "Pocket Silhouettes" stamped in Rose Red onto Whisper White cardstock, then hand cut into squares and layered onto Punched Scallop Squares using Dimensionals.

I stamped my greeting "You're too Kind" in White Kraft ink and then added a circle border at the top left of the card with a stamp from "One of a Kind".

******

And now to continue your journey you will hop to Vannessa's blog here!



9 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Kerry - I love the colour combos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snap! I used the side step card for one of mine - great minds think alike! Lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colour combo, and love those side step cards, they are so good for any theme or stamp set, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant colour combination and that step card is just yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards and great colour combo
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards! I love the sentiment framed by the flower on the stair step card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards and the step card really is a WOW! The sentiments look fab. Lovely projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant cards Kerry, thank you so much for taking part in our team blog hop. I love the side step card it's using one of my favourite sets, Simply Said.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous! Love the side step card and the colours are yummy!!
    Great inspiration from you all on 'the hop' Thank You :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete