Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cakes and Candles!



What a busy month for birthdays, another card taken from a weekly sketch challenge using the Sale-a-Bration sets "Happy Moments" and "Whimsical Words".  You can earn these sets free when you spend £45 from the Catalogue.  There are 4 exclusive sets to choose from, email me for more information.

I stamped directly onto the Whisper White cardstock with both the image and greeting and coloured the cake using my blender pens with ink from the ink pad lids.  For interest I added 1/4" circles in Whisper White to create an embossed look.  My flower was cut using the Scallop Circle Punch and layered with the 1" and 3/4" circles and Linen Thread wrapped around them.  I attached a piece of 1 1/4 Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon in Rose Red and topped it with a Scallop Border Punch strip.  I inked all edges with Chocolate Chip using a dauber.

Recipe:
Stamps: Happy Moments (SAB), Whimsical Words (SAB)
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Rose Red, Close to Cocoa, So Saffron
Cardstock: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Rose Red, Whisper White, Rose Red DSP
Accessories: 1 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Linen Thread
Tools: Scallop Border Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, 1", 3/4" & 1/4" Circle Punches
Adhesives: Sticky Strip, SNAIL, Dimensionals

1 comment: