Monday, June 27, 2011

For Father's Day

As my dad is a great lover of Motorbikes, I just had to create a Father's Day card using one of the A la Carte stamps from the Mini Catalogue called "Motorcycle".  This is such a lovely stamp, perfect for those man cards!


I used my Big Shot Machine with the Top Note Die to create a panel for my stamped image, cutting it in half and spritzing with a Soft Suede marker pen then layering onto a Soft Suede panel that I had embossed with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder.

I created a border using the Scallop Trim Border Punch and wrapped around a piece of Espresso Satin Ribbon and on top of that some Twill ribbon, tying at one end with some Linen Thread to give a more manly feel.

My greeting is from the stamp set "Plane and Simple", just perfect for this occasion!!!

I was really pleased with the final result, it's always a struggle creating cards for the men in our lives, don't you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment