Wednesday, November 27, 2013

European Convention Manchester - Silver 2 Reception

what an AMAZING time I had at the European Convention in Manchester last week, I have been busy preparing for my all day class on Saturday  but I have finally found some time to fill you in on the fun time we had

On arrival at our Hotel we realised just how close the Convention Centre was to us, literally across the street, perfect.

Convention began with the Silver 2 Reception at the Marriot Albert and Victoria Hotel just a short distance from us and Caroline and myself were greeted by Sara Douglas who was in the Reception area with a warm welcome.  We made our way to the lounge area where cocktails awaited us and we chatted and swapped with fellow demonstrators before collecting our Lanyards, Namebadges and Pins.

The Silver 2 Reception area was beautiful, stunning table settings with beautifully bow covered chairs awaited us.  The table centre piece was gorgeous, an ice block encasing a flower which quietly melted during the evening!


My camera flash worked very well here but the room was actually very dimly lit which set a lovely mood.

We were presented with gorgeous Stationary Portfolios bearing the SU logo and an engraved pen to mark this special event, of course gift wrapped simply but beautifully.

Silver balloons adorned the room and confetti across the tables.  Thank you Charlotte Harding for the lovely setting, you really made it look so beautiful for us.



After the presentations we were invited to enjoy the hot buffet which had been put in place for us, it was very nice and lovely to be a part of this group of demonstrators and I hope next year that I will be able to enjoy this with more of my team.

We jumped into a taxi back to our hotel and met up with the rest of the team in the hotel restaurant then headed to our room for a little making and taking, something that's a bit of a tradition for Convention!


I was very impressed with Caroline, this year she brought table mats for us to stamp on as previous years have found us hunting around the hotel room for a nice flat surface to stamp on!!



Just thought I'd share my slipper socks, I love these to bits and felt that it was just about that time of year for them to make an appearance again!  I originally bought these as stockings when travelling on a ski-ing holiday a couple of years ago and stuffed them with golden coins and sweets for Jack and Sophie to open on Christmas morning and since then, at Christmas time, I jingle around the house and it puts a smile on everyone's face!



Back with lots more fabulous memories tomorrow.


supplies
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment