Thursday, May 24, 2012

With Thanks, birdy style!

I recently made this card for Jenna, Jay's niece who made me some beautiful Roman Blinds for my Craft room, hence I need to say they are still hanging over the banister waiting for Jason to pick up his drill and as much as I complain about the sun being in my eyes, there they still hang!

I used the Aviary set which I adore, and used the masking technique that I had showed at a recent workshop which inspired my card.

My colour combo is Sahara Sand, Regal Rose and Pool Party with a little Pear Pizzazz thrown in.

Still loving those Antique brads, aren't you?  They make a beautiful centre for the 5 Petal Flower which is punched out with the Patterns Paper Stack in Regal Rose spots.


I spritzed the background and added some flowers punched using the Bitty Punch pack then adhered pearls to the centres.  I used some of the gorgeous Crochet Trim to add more texture along with the Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon.  The greeting is from one of the Sale-a-bration sets that has now sadly retired but I love it so much I will use it for my personal cards.

1 comment:

  1. The Aviary stamp set happened to fall into my box this week and I am sooo loving it too!! Beautiful card I expect Jenna loved it! My tip to get Jay to pop up your blinds stick them somewhere totally in his way, then he will need to put them up to get them out of HIS way! x

    ReplyDelete