Saturday, April 13, 2013

Secret Garden Stamps

 
Here is the card we made at my 2 Card Class this month, although the second project wasn't a card, it was a 3D item!
 
The "Secret Garden" stamp set wasn't high on my list when the Spring/Summer Catalogue was released but after a short while I decided to buy it and haven't stopped using it since.
 
The outline flower images are beautiful, whether stamped then coloured or stamped onto patterned paper, or used with a technique like we did on the card below, the results are stunning.
 
Whilst browsing Pinterest I saw a card using this colour combo and decided that I loved it so my inspiration began there!  The combo is Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Marina Mist and Very Vanilla.
 
I had seen the flower colouring technique previously and had shared it with team members at a recent Team Training event.
 
The flower is stamped and embossed with White Embossing Powder then you colour the image using the Whisper White refill ink with an Aqua Painter.  Allow it to dry or use a heat tool then colour over the top with your required colour, again with the Aqua painter, here we used Marina Mist.  If you are good at shading the results are amazing, I'm not so good but  I think the flower still looks pretty, and it is a really simple technique, very therapeutic too.
 
 
We used the Large Doily sizzlit die, cutting one in Vanilla, one in Marina Mist then trimming off the first section to reveal a smaller doily.
 
The words are from "Fabulous Phrases" which work lovely with the "Word Window" punch.
 
We used the Window Frames Framelits dies and co-ordinating "Festive" piercing pack to centre the doilies then added the flower, some "Little Leaves" and a gorgeous Antique Brad.
 
Loved the finished result so much.
 

2 comments:

  1. I love these colours together, and the doilys are gorgeous, they have been added to my withlist x

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a technique for getting all the little pieces out, roll the die cut doily around a pencil and a lot will fall out, then flick it, the remainder are pushed out easier with the Paper Piercer. I use a shim when cutting as it helps to make sure of a cleaner cut xx

    ReplyDelete