Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Inspirin' Inking Quarterly Team Meeting Challenge

At June's Quarterly Team Meeting Amanda's Challenge was to decorate a glass tumbler into something that we could give to a hostess at a home workshop.  Here is my creation, a decorated glass filled with some lovely "Sweet Pea Stitched Felt" and some co-ordinating ribbons.    I cut a square of DSP from the "Sweet Pea Stack", cut it in half diagonally which left me with two triangles.  I only needed one of these and added strips punched from the Scallop Border Punch around the edges to create a bird house effect.  I punched a whole near the top using the 1 3/8" Circle Punch and encased it with a Scallop Circle with the centre punched out.  I stamped onto a piece of Window Sheet using the Dot, Dot, Dot stamp and StazOn ink to create my dotty window.  My bird and branch were punched from the "Two-step Bird Punch" and I stamped over the bird with the foliage stamp from the "Vintage Vogue" stamp set using VersaMark ink.  I adhered these pieces then tied a bow using the gorgeous Old Olive 5/8" Satin Ribbon and finished with a flower and leaf from the "Stitched Felt" pack.  My cello bag was tied with Chocolate Chip 5/8" Satin Ribbon and I added some tags punched out using the Medium Jewelery Tag Punch then to finish I attached these on with a piece of Linen Thread.

2 comments:

  1. This look lovely. I am sorry to have missed the meeting. Looking forward to seeing you friday for a catch up. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous Kerry I love it ,in fact I want to stroke it .x

    ReplyDelete