Thursday, July 22, 2010

One of a Kind


I recently did a demonstration for a group of ladies at their W.I. evening, arranged by Julia, one of the ladies who attends my monthly card class.  I demonstrated a card using the Stampin' Up! products and introduced them to the "Kissing Technique" and then they had a turn at making their own card which was cut ready to be stamped and assembled. 

We split into two groups and created the same card in two different colourways.  We used the "One of a Kind" stamp set and my lovely Stampin' Up! mummy Jane lent me her set to help things move along a bit faster {{waves and thanks to Jane}}, after all, there were 26 ladies that evening and the majority had never made a card or used a rubber stamp before!!


Julia supervised one table and I was with the other, all of which seemed to cope wonderfully and I was impressed with the finished results.  I have to say that we were quite shattered by the end of the evening but had a really great time which is what its all about.

The other colours were more neutral.  On both cards we stamped the flower once onto Whisper White card then stamped it again and hand cut it out, layering it above the original stamped image using a dimensional.  The small flower in the middle was stamped then punched out using the 1/2" Circle Punch and a silver brad added to the centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment